Wednesday 3 February 2016

Overnight, Heatless and Bouncy Rag Curls

 
Hi beauts.
 
Last night I decided to give my hair a heat break and curl it with rag curls! It is very simple and all you need is your hair and cut up strips of any old t-shirt.
 
So, to start, raid your wardrobe and find the oldest t-shirt that you own, unless of sentimental value, and tear it right up. With scissors, obviously. I used an old floral one and cut it up into about twelve strips, this left me with one remaining.
 
 
 I started by washing my hair and letting it air dry until it was just damp. Then, I took a fabric strip and started rolling. I did this on about one and a half inch sections of hair.
 
  
As you can see here, they just look a bit like rollers, however, with long tails. Also, don't mind my somewhat angry face at this point, it was half past ten at night and I was pretty tired.
 

Here, I am just rolling the hair up the rag, starting from the bottom. If you have end papers, here is a good example of when to use them as the ends do get quite unruly and untamed. Also, for any Marvel fans out there, hi, I am wearing a wolverine t-shirt. It was actually my brother's but I wear it more than him.
 
Just keep rolling!
 
 
When you get to the top, just tie the ends of the rag together in a single knot. Personally, I find this part to be the hardest as I struggle to keep the hair in its roll.
 
 
They should then end up something like this.
 
 
Here is me in my school uniform just after I had taken the rags out and as you can see, they are perfect! Remember, though, that if your hair is too soggy before hand, the curls will still be damp and will drop out straight away.
 
I hope you liked this hair tutorial and if you would like to see more just like it, let me know and I will see what I can do. If you like my previous few posts, I'm sure you will be excited for what is to come! What would you like to see next?
 
Until next time...
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment