Saturday 13 June 2015

DIY Splatter Leggings

 
Hi beauts.
 
My mum had a splatter of bleach on her leggings and she wasn't ever going to wear them again, so, I thought I would make them re-wearable. I was aiming for the galaxy look, but that didn't exactly happen, so, it's more of a splattered but cute look. To start off, you will obviously need the bleach and something to splatter with, I used an old hair dye brush, but you can use whatever you have. At one point, I turned to soaking a dish cloth in bleach and squeezing it on to them, that gave more of a spotted look, I guess. I recommend doing this outside, as it can get really, and I mean REALLY messy.

 
It seriously doesn't matter what bleach you use as long as it is actually bleach. We already had this one in the house for cleaning purposes, so I just used this, the cheaper, the better.
 
 

The leggings with the already existing splash of bleach, so annoying.




That bleach gets to work real quick.



Front

 
The end result of the front.


Back
And then the back. Don't mind the broken head band there, that was one of my genius ways of splattering the bleach
I then left them out on the washing line overnight whilst they developed into a pinkish cream colour.


 
Here are the legging,s I thought I should model them, and turns out, they look a lot better on than I thought they would.

 
Until next time...
 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment